To view and listen to this video discussion
- Click on this link
- Add passcode 2*dQmHcR
During the past few years, we have brought awareness around API hate and barriers to breaking the bamboo ceiling. The focus of this year’s #Realtalk is around microaggressions which is frequently experienced by your Asian colleague and friends. The audience will go through real life situations, perspectives and solutions. Don’t let microaggressions go unchallenged – be a proactive force for positive change. Practice now, so you are prepared. Facilitated by Jolene Jang
- Discover practical strategies for preventing negative situations from arising and learn how to support your Asian colleagues when they need you the most.
- Embrace the power of allyship and create a more inclusive workplace by employing tactics in our discussion.
- Use the solutions to also help other marginalized groups
We will illustrate scenarios and discuss practical strategies for examples such as:
- When a participant disrespects another member at a virtual meeting
- When an Asian American is talked over at an in-person meeting
- When a co-worker confuses two Asian American co-workers with each other Register