Yvette Pegues, Miss Wheelchair International, Disability Advocate, Author, Speaker
Yvette Pegues, ME.D, went from Engineer to Educator to Advocate for passion, parenting and people with disAbilities after suffering from a Traumatic Brain/Spinal Cord injury in 2012. Today, she is Ms. Wheelchair International 2016/17, a sought after professional speaker, author and trusted voice for the largest people group in the country. She is the Founder/CTO (Chief Transformation Officer) of Your Invisible Disability Group, the thought-leader of the © 4/4’s Signature Program Pillars (process) for Newly Disabled & Diagnosed persons exclusively synopsized in her training workbook, The “Art of Adaptability.” She co-authored, “My Mommy had Brain Surgery & I’m Okay!” with her sons when they were 7 and 5 years old in an effort to STOP bullying and turn their #Storms2Stories.
CONNECT WITH YVETTE
- W| www.YvettePegues.com
- FB| www.facebook.com/YourInvisibleDisability
- E| MrsAbility@YvettePegues.com
- L| https://www.linkedin.com/in/YvettePegues
- T| https://twitter.com/YvettePegues
- O| (844) 480-0081
WHAT ARE YOU KNOWN FOR?
Community Engagement, disAbility Advocacy and all things PINK!
WHY IS IT IMPORTANT TO YOU TO INVEST IN OTHER WOMEN?
Another woman invested in me at an early age rescuing me, protected my innocence and changed my life course. We know and understand each other, we are each other and belong to each other. We are each other’s responsibility. Together we are smarter, stronger and safer.
FUN FACTS ABOUT YOU
- Host of on-demand disAbilityLife TV show
- Grew up a complete Tom-boy, have since entered and won 3-pageants
- Dogmatic and competitive athlete BOTH pre/post disAbility (sit-ski, sled hockey, golf and Tennis)
- Polyglot/Speak 5 languages,
- Our boys (8/10 years-old ) speak 4 languages including Mandarin Chinese and ASL (American Sign Language)
- Certified Foster Parent